Sunday, November 9, 2008

So I started this thing because I figured I should probably make a better effort to stay in contact with all my friends and families and I’d been falling behind in sending emails and calling people. To be honest, I stole the idea from my buddy Ben, he’s been doing this since he moved to England and it seemed like a good way to keep contact.

Halloween came and went. I went as an 80’s metalhead, which was super easy because I already had everything I needed in my wardrobe. I don’t know whether that’s bad ass or sad. I kinda beefed it because I ate a crap load of Mexican leftovers before I went out. As a result instead of focusing on celebrating evil, I was thinking about all the evil things brewing in my stomach. Regardless, good time, went to a party that a dude from work threw. Then went to a big ole house party with the usual gang.

Saturday got up early, shook off a bit of a hangover and drove out to Chilliwack for an afternoon of river fishing in the Vedder. Hooked into a chum salmon but panicked, put my finger on the line and it snapped. After fishing for bass for so long, it’s weird when you see a massive 10 plus pound fish you hooked jump up in the air..

Snow is starting to develop on the top all the nearby mountains. Once snow starts to show up on the tops the mountains look so much more bad ass. Unfortunately it’s been so grey lately that you barely see the top of the mountains.And when you get out of work at 4:45, it shouldn’t be this dark.

Fast forward a week of working on an awesome project at work and looking at stuff on the internet a lot. I’ve always been really into Black metal logos, I think I might try making one for myself, they look awesome and kind of remind me of wildstyle graffiti a bit. Made a wicked mussel dish one night and a wicked pea soup another night.

Also been reading up on the renos they plan to do to BC place if they get an MLS soccer team. The pictures look pretty amazing, but I’ve been there, and I just can’t imagine that concrete dump being a cool place to see soccer. Especially considering they want to put in a subroof to section off the entire top level of BC Place off.It sounds kind of like how the Montreal people envisioned the olympic stadium roof being able to liftoff with some pulleys and wire, and that didnt work out too well. Who knows.

Charlie and old friend came into town this weekend. He came with his girlfriend and some of his friends to see a show on Saturday. It was good seeing an old friend. Got drunk and went out on Friday with him, his friends and Christy to see the Secret Machines, who were extremely mediocre. I had to leave early because I was too drunk.

Today was quiet.Enjoyed the Vikings win over the Packers and my man crush for Adrian Peterson got even more intense.

Wednesday go to the Dominican with Christy for Jen and Ryans wedding. Gnar Gnar! I’ll do a post on that eventually as well as one on the trip to Tofino me and Christy took over the thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: