Sunday, October 25, 2009

a slow end

Well, as you probably noticed, I'm not posting in this thing as much as I used to. There's a few good reasons for it. For starters, the format I've created with all the links to the pictures is a real pain to complete. Another reason is I find after a year of posting stuff I'm starting to repeat myself. For example, I went to Tofino recently, it was another awesome trip, but the pictures are very similar to ones I shot last year.

I've sort of found my niche out here and everything seems less foreign and interesting to me than it did before, as a result, I bring my camera less, and I generally don't find things as interesting.

The original purpose of this blog was to communicate what I'm up to out here with friends and family, So I wouldn't have to keep sending the same "what's new?" email back and forth over and over again. It served that purpose quite well.

As a result, I'm going to keep this going a little longer, but I'm planning to switch things up soon. I want to switch to something that's quicker, and a lot less PG. I've had a few people mention to me how dry this blog is. Trust me, I know. It's hard not to write down every fart joke I think up. That needs to end soon.


Moving forward, I have a question for anyone who has a more modern blog. Should I use Tumblr or Wordpress? I heard Wordpress is better if you're not just reposting, is that true or has anyone else had any experiences?

In the meantime. Enjoy fish. fish. fish. fish and more fish.

No comments: