Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where my dawgs at? Daniel Bruyn edition

Continuing with the "Where my dawgs at?" interviews I've moved on to another Toronto resident. The interviews will become more regionally diverse soon, but in the meantime enjoy this one.

Dan Bruyn is my bro, I've known him since I was almost 2 years old. One of my first memories of him was when I was 4 and he was 2 and he beat me in a race on our big wheels, it's a harsh reality when your bro half your age proves he has more balls than you. Regardless I don't think there's another dude like him in the entire world.



1.Who are you?


I’m Daniel Anthony Bruyn – your brother.


2. Where you live? (city/neighborhood)


Toronto, ON. Little Poland – Roncesvalles. just down the road from High park.


3. What you up to?


I’m in sales. I sell software and hardware. Good environment – mostly smart, young people I work with – pretty high tech office too.
Were like a little gang , we drink beers after work a lot, then fight rival gangs. I think I have to stop after-work beers now that the suns coming out because I might want to take my shirt off.


4. What's something cool about where you live?


I spent an afternoon wandering roncesvalles, here's a few.

I’m pretty happy to be in such a mellow neighborhood that hasn’t been invaded by money or hipsters. Just an old fashioned kind of area. Kids play hockey on my street, people smile and sometime make dumb-cute jokes like ‘don’t go having a heart attack on me’ when your shoveling your sidewalk. There’s fresh fruit and veggies every corner for a fraction of Sobeys or metro (and far fresher) . I’m down with the polish – the food options are great:

I wanted kielbasa, so where better than ‘super kolbasa’? success. I wanted weird candy that I wouldn’t know how to eat – done.
I want baked goods fit for the pope. So I went where the pope got his baked goods when he came to town. Seriously – when Pope John Paul came to town in 2002 Granowska’s had the honor of making his bread. Look how pumped they were, the one girl is just adoring it. Kinda creepy, but I was sold. Twice.

There’s a good sushi place too but the chef is weird.


5. What is something you're excited about right now?


Summer: soccer league starting. Learning how to skate again. BBQing on my balcony. Making money and paying off debt. Drinking patio beer and getting fatter.


6. Anything else?


I’m going to start a blog soon.

No comments: