Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home Pt 2

Though I was back in Ontario about 3 weeks ago now, a lot of stuff has gone on since then.

With that being said, I thought I should mention hanging out at Christy’s cottage a ton. It’s a pretty sweet place to generally just hang out and do nothing, it’s also one of the few places in the world that I can hang out without feeling like I have to do something. Courtney brought up “Settlers of Catan” as a gift for the cottage. That’s a pretty epic game. To be honest I think I could’ve played it the entire cottage time. I need to find some dudes who are up for an epic Catan night when I don’t have the money to go out or something on a weekend. Yeah I’m getting old and soft. No big whoop.

Also, while I was back home, a pretty intense event known as the League of Genius Fantasy draft took place. Being the 5th year of the draft it’s sort of become a big deal. On top of it being an excuse to get drunk, it’s garnered a bit of cache with a professional football scout and the official fantasy football guy for the score both being involved in it this year. Sick. It’s pretty awesome to beat either of those guys, I mean, they get paid to do it. Anyways it was a pretty awesome night once again. Lots of partying, boozing, stressing out about the draft picks, and watching people make bad picks. Honestly, it’s hard to explain how awesome a fantasy draft is to people who have no interest in the nfl, but yeah, it rules.

Also this last time back home I made sure to spend some time with my grandma learning how to cook a bunch of Lithuanian food. Granted, I will probably only be making this food for myself considering most people who try Lithuanian food get bummed out. Anyways, awesome.


The weekend after me and Christy got back from Ontario we took a road trip down to Seattle to go see Toronto FC take on the Seattle sounders. The border was a bummer, but once we go there it was pretty awesome. They play at quest field and the full lower bowl of 32,000 was full so it was a pretty rad experience. I hate to say it TFC die hards but it was louder than BMO field. Also, all the Sounders fans I met were really friendly and cool about the whole thing. Nothing bothers me more than north American soccer fans trying to create some contrived rivalry or “actin’ like propa’ geezahs” and acting like assholes. You see it a lot more on soccer forums and stuff than you do in real person.


Sorry if this entry is a little lame. I’ve been watching a pretty sweet documentary on heavy metal the entire time. Better post on Sunday.

No comments: