Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ontario vacation part 1 - Toronto

Everytime I’m sitting around on a Friday night in Vancouver with nothing to do, I reflect on my time spent in Toronto. Probably the time that I partied the hardest in my life. As a result I can find myself getting a bit nostalgic for the good ole days of partying all day and night. I guess it’s easy to selectively forget all those days afterwards of being super hung over both mentally and physically.

Going back over my vacation time I wanted to make sure I had a good amount of Toronto time. Of course a big part of this is the fact that a good chunk of my friends live in Toronto these days. As much as I’m stoked on all of the friends I’ve made out in B.C. there’s still something really awesome about old friends. I always find around those dudes laughing is a little bit easier, the drinks flow a little quicker and it’s all around just a little more lively.

Besides heading to a TFC game with Matt (which was basically an excuse to party) I spent most of the time either on a patio, at someone’s house drinking, or in a bar drinking. It worked out pretty much as I hoped for. The usual gang of thugs was always out, Matt, Dan, Mike, Harold, Ben as well as some surprises like Gordie, who was down from Montreal and was awesome to hang out with.

We went to a lot of the usual spots like sneaky dees and the tap, as well as just general hole in the wall type bars that we like to hang out. Once again the thing is, on paper none of this sounds exciting, that’s part of what’s so cool about Toronto: awesome things just sort of happen when you hang out with your best buds in a city that has people who like to party. Some of the awesome moments included an impromptu bubble hockey tournament, a serious pose off, a dance party, another dance party, and just general awesome times. Thanks again dudes for reminding me how awesome Toronto was.

2 comments:

BM said...

am I the only one that didn't notice that Matt had pink eye the whole time?

Anonymous said...

man i am weird looking guy.