Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blowing my own horn

So recently me and a friend in the ad industry entered the Young Lions competition. Well it turns out we won. Which is pretty cool, I got my name in the Globe and Mail today (Report on business, page B4) and had a few people talk about how they thought our ad was neat and stuff.

The best part is we won a trip to Cannes at the end of June for this global Young Lions competition that also happens at the same time as the big ad awards. The Cannes awards are kind of one of the last real throwbacks to the old school ad industry. Apparently theres some pretty extravagant parties and all that stuff so I’m pretty stoked. Plus anytime I get to drink French coffee I’m always amped. I’ll just be sure not to try eating pizza without a fork.

2 comments:

BM said...

fuckin eh dude. scruffy don draper is gonna rock that shit. headbutt some frog for me

Simon B said...

Should be pretty cool. I have no idea what the south of france is all about. Besides being rich.