Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A day in Toronto

While I was back in Ontario 2 weeks ago I managed to spend an afternoon in Toronto. Unfortunately it was on a ridiculously rainy day. It was a pretty awesome day none the less. Just getting to hang out in the city, I miss the real feeling of hustle you get from the place. It takes me going back home to realize how west coast I’ve actually become. I generally talk slower, walk slower and drink less than I used to. With that being said I’m also probably more relaxed than the older version of me. Hey, it’s a little silver lining, unless I plan on restarting up Avarice again.

While pacing the streets I managed to find a few sweet finds, like a pretty rad door, as well as some nice 007 inspired Obama apparel. I also managed to stop for a beer with Ben Mills. It was really nice to catch up, as well as just sit in a real bar, in a real brick building. It’s funny sometimes the things that you really miss when you move away, brick buildings and real bars are definitely two of them for me.

With all that being said, after picking up some TFC tickets at Sherway Gardens, I had to drive back to Hamilton. You Ontarians can keep your 2 hour commutes in gridlock.

No comments: