Wednesday, April 29, 2009

night in Kits

One sweet thing about being really busy at work with a crazy deadline is that when it’s over you feel no guilt going home at 5 and basically doing nothing at all. I know, I know most people don’t have a problem with this every day of their lives. Unfortunately I have a built in weird thing about work and wanting to not be a failure so on most days I usually just work a little late due to my own personal neurosis. I’m not sure whether to blame it on the University of Waterloo or a Lithuanian mother.

Anyways, today I got home early went for a jog then tried to take advantage of an awesome day in Kits. First I went down to Vera’s to grab a burger but it was too full. Okay, look at this logo. Am I the only one that thinks this place should be called “Rocky Dennis Burger”? Seriously, it’s a spitting image.

After not eating went to the beach and saw Scott and Ryan. Hung out there, kicked a soccer ball around. Then went up to the magazine shop, grabbed a few mags. On the way home saw a pretty sick throw up, as well as a cool poster for a show. Not a bad day at all.

Me and Christy got a “Back roads guide book” this week. It’s pretty awesome, it shows all sorts of old logging roads that lead up the mountains and towards some pretty cool spots. From glacier fed lakes to crazy hidden hot springs, it’s full of awesome adventures. Also a lot of lakes around the area recently got stocked with trout. Not big fish but I’m itching to get out there. Hopefully some cool fishing reports soon.

No comments: