Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring hits Vancouver

More than any other city I’ve ever been in for any substantial amount of time living in Vancouver is like dating a girlfriend who’s a two face. When spring comes around life is completely different. Not only are the days longer but people are happier, food tastes better, the Canucks even win playoff games. Part of the reason is probably also due to the fact that fun in the area basically requires you to go outside. It’s hard to find a good bar to drink at and there isn’t much social life to speak of, plus I live 3 blocks from a beach so this area is basically dead until the beach starts hopping again. Thankfully that has seemed to happen.

I’m looking forward to beers at the beach during sunset, patio beers, fishing at a local river or lake, camping or hiking in the mountains, CFL football, Going to see a Vancouver Whitecaps or Canadians game, night bonfires on the beach, people watching at Granville island, boob watching at wreck beach, fish and chips at Jericho beach, road tripping to Seattle, Tofino and other places, seeing friends who have been hibernating over the winter, hanging out with Christy and the Captain, exploring more of the city, exploring more of the province and sweet sweet BBQ’s.

One funny thing I’ve noticed in reading all my friends’ blog is how regional they all are. It’s funny because when you move somewhere you think you’re the same person but just looking at posts, opinions and photos of my friends who blog I notice subtle differences depending on where they live. With that being said I have an idea to kind of involve some of my friends who I don’t get to see in my blog. I started this thing as a means of connecting with people (and basically avoiding sending so many emails) so I thought I’d go a step further and try and get some of my friends involved as well. More on this to come.

1 comment:

nickfuckingball said...

sie, nick ball here. vigilante justice is hilarious, where can i find that old JCPD stuff from the fourdollartv shit from awhile ago? shit kills me. party on